What Information Do We Collect?
- When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
- We collect information from you when you place an order or fill out a form.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology,128 bit encryption services with our PCI-DSS compliant payment gateway provider. We do not have access to or see your sensitive financial details.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
- The information you provide is used to process your transaction or fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to our mailing lists.
- Like many other websites, Sound Factory, collects information generated by the use of our site for the purpose of assessing technical performance, enhancing the user experience, and improving customer service.
- We may also use personal information in a manner that does not identify you specifically nor allow you to be contacted but does identify certain criteria about our visitors in general. For example, we may use tracking cookies to find out where our visitors come from, how our visitors use our site, what they look for, and where they most frequently end up. This information may be used to assess the visitor experience: to provide you with more relevant information, improve communications and/or aid in the development of various features on our site. We have no knowledge of this information except at an anonymous level.
- Keep in mind that Internet use is subject to interception, loss and alteration. E-mail is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, you acknowledge and agree that Sound Factory shall not be responsible for any loss or damages you may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet, and that all such communications are at your own risk.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of fulfilling and delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
- The Sound Factory website is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. This site does not sell services or products for purchase by children. No information should be submitted to, or posted at, Sound Factory, website by visitors under 18 years of age.
What About Other Websites Linked to Our Website?
- We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other website are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, and/or the users of our site; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site or us.
- The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Terms and Conditions
- Visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Policy Modifications and Your Consent